About Lab Evaluations
A comprehensive lab evaluation package is an essential step along the path of a person’s weight loss journey. Board-certified physician Dr. Karla Vital and her team at Vital Health & Wellness Center in Houston, TX work to create a uniquely customized treatment plan by performing the investigative work required to better understand the current state of each patient. With this important information, Dr. Vital is able to develop a plan based on the distinct biochemical and nutritional requirements of individual patients.
"Friendly staff! Amazing doctor!"- B.H. / Facebook / Mar 20, 2019
"Truly amazing!! They helped me alot with my weight loss and I'm keeping it off with great results!!!!"- C.V. / Facebook / Nov 07, 2019
"I love coming here. Everyone is always so nice and helpful. Dr. Vital is very attentive. She takes the time to sit and talk with you about your goals and the best way to achieve them. They also have several new treatments that are a great compliment to your regimen. Check them out. You won’t regret it."- P.C. / Facebook / Oct 07, 2019
"These people are awesome. They have been helpful and encouraging and I’m seeing the results of the advice and plans they’ve made with me. I highly recommend Dr. Vital and her assistant, Star! 🌟"- H.M. / Facebook / Sep 27, 2019
"Dr. Vital and her staff are amazing! Always feel as though I’m being treated with understanding and kindness! Thanks!"- M.G. / Facebook / Sep 19, 2019
Individuals who are struggling with losing weight or facing daily lifestyle challenges due to other dietary factors (such as obesity) can benefit greatly from a comprehensive lab evaluation. At Vital Health & Wellness Center, Dr. Vital and our team regularly make use of the information provided by this series of tests to gain a more in-depth understanding of the challenges our patients may be facing. If you are searching for answers to specific health concerns that may be related to your diet, or are seeking guidance on how to safely and effectively lose weight, then you may be in need of a comprehensive lab evaluation to give our team the tools they need to support your journey.
Types of Analysis
The following tests are included in our evaluation process:
- Comprehensive Metabolic Panel – A series of 14 specific tests that are commonly used by healthcare providers to determine the condition of a person’s kidneys, liver, electrolyte, and acid/base balance along with glucose and protein levels.
- Lipid Panel – By measuring the levels of specific lipids found in a person’s blood, a lipid panel can provide insights regarding cholesterol levels.
- Thyroid Panel – A thyroid panel is a test commonly used to help evaluate the functions of the thyroid gland by measuring the number of hormones in the blood to check for signs of possible thyroid disorders.
- Complete Blood Count – By using an automated instrument to measure a variety of parameters in a person’s blood sample, a CBC test can yield important information about a person’s white blood cell, red blood cell, and platelet counts.
- Vitamin Deficiency Testing – Blood and urine samples are used to measure the levels of a variety of vitamins in a person’s body to check for any deficiencies or an excess of one or more of these vitamins.
- Inflammatory Marker Testing – A test that goes beyond standard lipid screening, inflammatory marker testing is used to gain a deeper understanding of a person’s cardiovascular system to determine any potentials risk factors or areas of concern.
What to Expect
Once the needed samples have been collected, the experienced professionals in our lab will begin the testing process. Once completed, the results will be reviewed by Dr. Vital, and she will evaluate the information carefully in order to determine the overall results while checking for abnormalities that may need to be addressed. During a follow-up consultation, our team can discuss the specific results of your evaluation while addressing any immediate health concerns and providing patient education regarding the scope and nature of your personal results.
At Vital Health & Wellness Center, board-certified physician Dr. Karla Vital and the rest of our experienced team are dedicated to helping you achieve your weight loss goals and developing lasting lifestyle changes. To accomplish this, one of the most important steps is the completion of a comprehensive lab evaluation in order to learn more about the current state of your body and challenges or concerns it may be facing internally. To get started on your wellness journey and have Dr. Vital provide you with a uniquely customized treatment plan that suits your needs, be sure to contact our office in Houston, TX to schedule an appointment and have an evaluation done.